Updated: Sep 18
A HydraFacial is a popular facial treatment that combines cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration, and antioxidant protection in a single session. It is designed to improve the appearance of the skin. However, it's important to note that the specific protocols and products used may vary from one salon to another, so it's always a good idea to consult with the right salon for details on their particular procedure.
Here are the general steps you can expect during a HydraFacial services:
1. Consultation: The esthetician or skincare professional will begin with a consultation to understand your skin concerns and goals. They may ask about any allergies, sensitivities, or specific issues you'd like to address.
2. Cleansing: The treatment starts with a gentle cleansing of your face to remove makeup, dirt, and oil. This step prepares your skin for the subsequent exfoliation and extraction.
3. Exfoliation: A specialized exfoliating solution is applied to your skin to remove dead skin cells and impurities. This step helps to reveal a fresh layer of skin and promotes a smoother complexion.
4. Extraction: A vacuum-based extraction tool is used to gently remove blackheads, whiteheads, and other debris from your pores. This process can be less harsh than traditional manual extractions.
5. Hydration: The HydraFacial device delivers a customized blend of hydrating serums, including antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, and peptides, to nourish and moisturize your skin. This step helps to plump the skin and improve its overall texture.
6. Fusion: During this step, additional serums with targeted ingredients are applied to address your specific skin concerns, such as fine lines, hyperpigmentation, or acne.
7. Protection: To finish the treatment, a sunscreen or protective moisturizer may be applied to shield your skin from UV rays and environmental damage.
The entire Hydra facial service procedure is typically quick, often taking around 30 to 45 minutes, and it is known for being non-invasive and relatively comfortable. Many people notice immediate improvements in their skin's texture and appearance after just one treatment, but a series of sessions is often recommended for longer-lasting results.
It's essential to follow any post-treatment skincare instructions provided by your esthetician and to protect your skin from sun exposure after the procedure to maintain the benefits of the HydraFacial services. Additionally, the specific products and protocols used at Lyra Salon may differ, so be sure to inquire about their unique approach and any variations in the treatment process.